Satellite Antenna Ground Site Field Technician
ATLAS Space Operations is the fastest-growing teleport operator in the world according to the World Teleport Association’s Fast 10, and was recognized as the 15th fastest-growing software company in the Inc. 5000, ranking 102 overall. ATLAS provides secure, global space communications that drive critical decisions on Earth – all supported by Freedom™, ATLAS’ cloud-based platform. ATLAS’ global network and revolutionary software provides a revolutionary approach to connecting humanity through space. Our mission is to become the world’s largest provider of pure-play teleport and gateway services by leveraging the virtualization of global ground communication assets. For more information visit https://atlasspace.com/.
ATLAS is searching for a Satellite Antenna Ground Site Field Technician. Key responsibilities include designing, installing, and sustaining Satellite Communications (SATCOM) ground station (i.e. teleport) systems. Field Technicians identify, analyze and resolve ground station performance anomalies. Qualified candidates exhibit keen troubleshooting and analytic approach to isolating root causes of system performance issues. The technician is expected to assume the lead in directing a team of functional experts to return the network to nominal operations. Other tasks include analyzing internal and customer support requirements, developing system/sub-system specifications, synthesizing SATCOM solutions, generating and executing teleport development plans, creating design products, and conducting network and ground site lifecycle management tasks. Our Field Technicians are responsible for the full SATCOM station site lifecycle, from installation, test, operations, sustainment, and retirement. The position requires extensive travel to global site locations. Field technicians are expected to be highly self-reliant, internally motivated, and able to resolve unforeseen issues in austere environments with limited external support. The Field Technician must have the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Plan and execute satellite communications teleport installations
- Support satellite communications operations to provide service to ATLAS customers
- Lead and execute ground station anomaly analysis and resolution actions
- Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance on satellite communications teleport systems
- Generate varied site design products such as system & sub-system specifications, CONOPS diagrams, site, system drawings and test plans/reports.
- Act as a self starter in creating quality and responsive solutions meeting company and customer satellite communications technical and operational network performance requirements.
- Actively participate in and/or lead projects as assigned in order to achieve company goals
- Work closely with ATLAS network operations staff to develop and validate operations policies and procedures.
- Engage and coordinate with 3rd party vendors to acquire material and/or service solutions required to meet teleport buildout and network requirements
- Execute terminal system setup, configuration, and testing
- Create and maintain user and in-house technical documentation
- Create and maintain knowledge base articles / technical notes as solutions are identified
- Provide training and guidance to new team members
- Prioritize time and projects, working independently
- 10 years experience in SATCOM systems design, installation, operations, test, and sustainment
- Hands-on experience installing, operating, and sustaining SATCOM RF components (LNAs, HPAs, power supplies, vector analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc)
- Demonstrates an analytically rigorous approach to system anomaly resolution
- Possess a practical understanding of Radio Frequency (RF) communications technology, systems, practices, and tools
- Experience in designing and implementing supporting SATCOM antenna infrastructure, i.e. foundation/structure support, electrical service installation, network access
- Knowledge of SATCOM network operations with an understanding of best practices
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot system issues in a timely manner with minimal assistance
- Requires analytical and problem solving skills to analyze data, do research, diagnose and solve problems
- Experience working with Microsoft office or Google Suite tools
- Aptitude to understand and adopt online collaboration tools and design/program management applications
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, particularly in teams
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work as required to meet company milestones
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Availability and willingness to travel extensively in support of site buildout, operation, and sustainment activities
- Location: Traverse City, MI
- Benefits include competitive salary, medical, dental, and retirement programs; highly flexible vacation policy
- Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply
ATLAS Space Operations, Inc. is a Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency Silver Level Veteran Friendly Employer. We encourage all qualified veterans, members of the National Guard or Reserves, and military spouses to apply for this job posting. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.